It is absolutely necessary that your business has a mobile version of your web site. According to Google, as of 2014, over half of all searches are now done on mobile devices. A mobile device can be a phone, tablet, or other smaller screen device such as an eBook reader. Once a potential customer reaches a Google search result, if they click on your site are presented with page that is not optimized for their smaller screen, they will likely move onto your competitor’s site which is optimized.
Here are the top 10 reasons you absolutely must create a mobile version of your site:
- Over half of all web usage and digital media consumption is now on mobile devices. According to comScore, in 2014, 60% of all digital media consumption, including web browsing, was done on a mobile device, with only 40% on a desktop PC.
- Mobile screens are different from desktop screens. You need to customize the look at feel as well as, in some cases, the actual information served to the user. Mobile users are on the go and need an experience that is tailored to them. Think of someone accessing your website who is walking on the street versus sitting at a desk. The mobile user wants information displayed simply with less detail. The desktop user is probably more focused on the overall design of your site, its professionalism, and ability to show greater detail.
- Your competitors have already done it. Studies show that web users spend less than 30 second on a web site. If your competitor’s site works better on a mobile device, potential clients will simply move on to better designed experience. More importantly, if your competitor’s have not optimized their sites, you could put yourself in a competitive advantage. Mobile optimization will almost certainly lead to an increase in traffic to your site.
- Search engines such as Google are beginning to require mobile optimization. Google will soon begin ranking down sites that are not mobile friendly. Your SEO Company can talk all they want about keywords and META tags, but if you are not mobile ready, you will begin to see your site drop on search result pages.
- User’s want a better mobile experience. Recent studies show that customers are 51% more likely to do business with companies that have a proper mobile experience.